Monday, August 10, 2009

a quick post. . . .

I had just a couple hours this evening to work on cards. I found a couple of challenges to combine tonight:

The first challenge I thought of was the Cuttlebug Challenge #43.

Then I saw that Lee posted this challenge on StampTV with Gina K. I love the colour combination that she chose: brown, red & cream. This was a combination that I felt I could work with today LOL

When I received the digital stamps created by MlamarreDesign, I knew that I wanted to use the frame. I opened it with PaintShop Pro to alter the colour to brown before printing it on cream coloured cardstock.

The sentiment was stamped on the cream card base before layering with the embossed red layer; I painstakingly cut out the frame before popping it up on dimensionals.


Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is `beautiful` Love how you used your frame...
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenge...

terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

June Houck said...

That is my fave of Maggie's digi stamps and red is my favorite color :) Good luck with the challenge!

June Houck
Proud DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cassie said...

that image is perfect with that color scheme. so rich and elegant looking! thanks for joining in the fun at CBC!

Jenn K said...

Very pretty!! Glad you could join us on the cuttlebug challenge blog

Meda said...

Thanks for joining our challenge.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO sweet! I love the sentiment stamped in the frame & the red just pops. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the CCB challenge gang. :o)

Sheila said...

Great card , I love that CB folder it's one of my faves.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment for me.
Hugs
Sheila xx

BettyBee said...

Ohhh, this is beautiful! These are stunning colors, and the image in the center is so striking!! You have created a fab card! Thanks for being a part of the CuttlebugChallenge!