Friday, August 21, 2009

another challenge. . .

this time from Stampin' Sisters in Christ. It's the first challenge - the inaugural challenge, if you will. The challenge was to make a card that has some sort of food or drink theme. I thought serving tea qualified!!

I found the image on the internet and it reminded me of a promise a friend of mine made one day - that we would have tea in the New Year. Of course, the New Year has come & gone (a few times actually LOL) and we haven't yet had tea, but one day.... one day we will and it will have been worth the wait!

I coloured the image using Prismacolor crayons while watching So You Think You Can Dance Canada. My friend's niece was auditioning - what a nail-biting evening. At this point, she's made it to the finals and on Sunday we'll watch again to see if she makes the top 20. I think I'll have to find another image or two to colour while we watch that episode - it's a much more pleasant activity than biting my nails!! LOL!!!

Today I had a Facebook message from a dear friend - I miss her so. I think I'll send the card to her - maybe it'll be an encouragement for her to carry on serving in the ministry that God has placed her.

Again, thanks for stopping by. I love having you visit!

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, that is so pretty! I love it! Thank you for joining our challenge. We hope to see you back soon!

Kristine said...

LOL...well this card DEFINATELY qualifies! :) LOVE IT! Fun image and colors!!

Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge and I hope you'll continue with us as you get the chance!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a wonderful card! that image is great, too! I'll be saying prayers for your niece - how cool is that?!! and thank you for the 'heads up' about the new challenge. I'll head over to check it out.

may you still get to have tea with your friend. and hope you can get in touch with your facebook friend. I know how much that means!

love ya!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Soft and pretty... reminiscent of a by-gone era. Lovely!

Thanks for playing in our first challenge for Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Diane Noble said...

A great card, Edith, and perfect for the challenge. So it's a digi image you downloaded? Love the vintage look. Did you get it from a specific site?

I'm really interested in the Stampin' Sisters thing. Your blog is the second one I've visited recently with a reference to it. I'll have to go check it out.

Beautiful card...from a beautiful friend!