Wednesday, February 02, 2011

finally. . .

I had some time to work on a few cards.

This first card was also made for a challenge to create a vintage card. After some discussion on one of the forums that I frequent, I realized that vintage really just means to take something that's "new" and make it look "old".

With that simple concept in mind, I set out to look for some inspiration and found a great card on SCS. I dug through my stash of DP to find something that I thought would work and stumbled upon a piece that I've had for who knows how long. I liked that it had a floral design along the one side and the other side was simply lines.

The sentiment was created in Microsoft Word and printed on a piece of the DP.

The flower? some lace that my Mom gave me years ago... it was sitting, very unloved, in my sewing box. A quick pull of a thread to ruffle it and there it was - a pretty flower.

The button is from a stash that I found when we cleaned out my mother-in-law's apartment

Except that it is never easy nor is it very much fun to create sympathy cards, I really love how this card turned out.


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That is very nice! I love vintagey styles.