Yesterday a few ladies from the church gathered for a birthday potluck. The guest of honor is a wonderful woman whose husband passed away this summer. She had made no plans for Friday so we threw a party! We had a great evening together and, although the day must still have been very hard for her, I hope that spending time with friends helped a little.
This
is the card I made for her. Although Prismacolour pencils seem to be my choice of medium these days, this time I used my BIC Mark-Its. The poppies are a free digital image that I tweaked a little in PaintShop Pro. I felt it was a little sparse so I duplicated part of the image, reversing it to make a fuller spray of flowers. It took a little bit of cleaning up to get it to look right, but I was pleased with the result. By adding the oval in PSP, I could size it to the shape of the image. This meant cutting it out by hand, but inking up the edges of the oval hides any cutting flaws... A little lace and dew drops to add some interest & voila... 'tis done!This one that
I made today is for another friend's daughter who had a baby boy a few weeks ago. I used some scraps of DP, ribbon & brads from last year's Spring Craft Kit. The penguin is from an online vector clipart site. I printed it in colour giving my Prismacolor pencils a break today!! You can't see it in the picture, but I curled his wings a bit to give them a tiny bit of additional dimension. He's layered on a couple of square panels which are adhered with dimensionals. The next layer of square panels are also popped up so it's got a nice bit of dimension to the whole thing. Sentiment is computer printed... Except for a little inking of the edges, there's not a bit of stamping on this card. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it seems that I'm reaching less & less for my stamps. Digital images give me a perfect impression every time and for me, that's a huge benefit! At the same time, I haven't sold off all my stamps............... yet ;-)
Well, that's all for today. Thanks again for stopping by for a visit!!






3 comments:
That penguin card is super dee duper adorable!!! Love it!!
Love that little penguin, but both are beautiful. But don't get rid of your stamps!!! You've made some gorgeous creations with them.
OMGolly jeepers, your cards are wonderful, and I am SO in love with that penguin, I swear to you I stared at him for a good 2 minutes!! Thank you for blessing me with another inspiration spot! =)
Post a Comment