DD2 is helping at camp this week so I thought it would be fun to re-paint her room. She had picked the colours a few months ago so it's not a total surprise...
When we moved into this home, her bedroom was in shades of taupe/brown. It really did not feel much like a girl's bedroom - especially a girl that was in to Winnie the Pooh!!! At that time, I covered the brown with pink & blue and gave her a Winnie the Pooh border.... she absolutely loved the transformation.
Fast forward eight years or so and Winnie-the-Pooh just doesn't seem to hold the same kind of attraction that he once did.
I had a little tiny surprise on Tuesday when I started the initial prep work... as I took off some 3M command hooks from the wall, a chunk of paint came off with one of them. No big deal, I thought... except when I took a closer look, I realized that there was a huge patch of paint that was peeling loose. This meant a little extra prep work as I needed to repair this area before I could even think about painting.
I found the drywall mud and went to it. By the end of Tuesday, it was ready for primer.
Because yesterday was Canada Day, Florian was home. I didn't really want to spend my day painting when he was home; besides, I could paint today when he was back at work!!!
This is what the room now looks like!!!
I'm not sure quite when she'll be home, but I'd love to get some white shelves for her walls and have her room completely finished before she sees it!! I can hardly wait for her reaction!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment