I used an SCS card sketch as my starting point. From there I reflected on the sentiment, "wheresoever you go...".
I did some searching for just the right image and as I was in that process, a book I read also came to mind. In The Way is Made By Walking, Paul Boers records his experiences as he walked the Camino de Santiago, a 500-mile pilgrimage across northern Spain. I decided to try to incorporate that into the final design.
I found a photograph that I thought depicted well the journey that we are on, a spacious field with unforetold opportunities.

Having now the basic elements, it didn't take long to put them together. The sentiment was sized to accommodate the placement on the Brocade Blue (SU) cardstock. The photograph was printed and slightly offset on a smaller white background panel. Ribbon & gem dots added the finishing touches and the whole panel was then adhered to a white card.
As I gaze upon the endless field I feel compelled to go... to go with complete abandon... to go with all my heart.






5 comments:
I love that these can be sized to fit different projects, and I love that you took that opportunity! Gorgeous photograph, and a great layout to showcase it!
Beautiful card! Very thoughtful and I love how you interpreted the saying into such a gorgeous card!
Awesome inspiration!
you did a beautiful job with this project also, Edith! love the way you incorporated the photo into your card. and thank you for telling the story behind it. how precious.....
What a beautiful card, Edith! That picture goes wonderfully with that saying!
Christi D.
Post a Comment