Wednesday, June 04, 2008

a startling realization...

hit me as I awoke this morning. Today is the funeral for my SIL's mother. I had hoped to get a couple of cards made before today so that I could send them with my sister, who was planning on driving to Drumheller. ooopppsss..... I forgot :(

I made up these two and will pop them into the mail this afternoon in hopes that they will get to their intended location before my brother & SIL leave the area. It's only 1 1/2 hours away - do you think Canada Post can get them there in a couple of days? We'll have to see...


This first card just uses a photo that I took on our way to Dauphin last fall. It's actually a sunrise, but I love the vibrant colours and thought they could work well for this. With Microsoft Office, I overlaid the sentiment; printed it and voila!!





I wanted to spend a bit more effort on the card for my SIL, so took some ideas from SCS to create this second card. Still very simple to create which works well for me!! LOL

1 comment:

Lee said...

It really does work well........that sunset photo does make a beautiful sympathy card. And your cuttled card is very sweet and loving.......I'm so sorry to hear of the loss. Making sympathy cards is not easy, but it sure brings some comfort!