Sunday, June 30, 2013

smooth sailing

At CDAC, there was an inspiration challenge that ran Mar-Jun. I loved the colors and thought I'd try a new-to-me technique using acrylic paint to create a color block. I borrowed some of my daughter's art supplies and worked at this for a while. I quite like the result.

The image is from Beyond The Fringe.

While we have been in a local state of emergency these past two weeks due to flooding, I still love the serenity that I sense when I gaze upon this card - it opens my thoughts to sailing on the open ocean and the vastness that one would see. Of course, the flood here has reminded me of the power of water and that power, unleashed, on the ocean isn't for the faint of heart.

But then my mind also goes back to when we took a family vacation along the coast of Oregon. I loved sitting at the water's edge watching the relentless waves... never ending... crashing against the rocks.. the salty spray like a mist against my face... I drank it all in and thought of God. Not only did He make it all, but the winds and waves still obey Him. That, my friends, is powerful!!

Again, thanks for stopping by and 'listening' to some of where my thoughts have traveled today.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL card and wonderful memories! I'll have to give this technique a go! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at A.R.T. and joining in on our ANYTHING GOES challenge this week! Hope you'll join us again next week!
Darlene
A.R.T. DT
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Misti said...

This is wonderful, Edith! I haven't tried that technique, but I do like the results. Thanks for joining us for the A.R.T. challenge this week.

Darlene said...

Edith ... you might want to check out the post on my blog today. You can see it HERE
Thanks!!!

Cheryl said...

Congrats Edith!...you've been chosen as one of the Honorary Mentions this week for the A.R.T. Anything Goes Challenge...head on over and claim your badge! Thanks for entering your fabulous creation! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

mollymoo951 said...

Congrats! This is beautiful!