Monday, January 23, 2012

a journal marker...

to hold my place in my journal. There's nothing more frustrating than having to flip to the next blank page...

The image is a free one provided by Digis by Phooka. I altered it slightly, adding a book. The title of the book, "The Camino". I went to see The Way this weekend with my daughter and while the movie wasn't the greatest, it did get me thinking about what it might be like to walk the Camino de Santiago. I spent Sunday afternoon reading about the Way of St. James and then in the evening put together this journal marker.



A close-up view:

The image is coloured with my copic markers. I distressed the edges to symbolize the fatigue and weariness that a pilgrim might feel when walking The Way. Image is layered on panels of black to coordinate with the black elastic.
This journal marker is my entry in CDAC's Progressive Challenge.

Again, thanks for stopping by. It's always pleasure to have you visit!!

Blessings to you on this day.

1 comment:

Donna Moore said...

Terrific idea that turned out lovely! Thank you for your post, I googled the Way of St James to get more familiar with the story behind it. When first seeing your reference I thought you were referring to James, the brother of Jesus but find that were talking about St James the son of Zebedee. I am getting ready to start a Bible Study on James, the brother of Jesus by Beth Moore so this is why that popped into my mind. Nice to read about the pilgrimage and the story behind the pilgrimage.
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
Many Blessings,
donna
cdacpc/DT