Friday, June 18, 2010

two cards. . .

to post today. I've not had as much time lately to work on these. I really really don't like that. I feel like every card now is so very last minute and I hate working under that kind of pressure.

This first card was for a "pre-baby shower" that I attended, along with my girls. It was for a friend of DD1. Although she hasn't had the baby yet, she was in need of quite a few items to get ready for the arrival of this precious little one. She is expecting to have a girl, so I took my chances and made my card pink!!
I found the image on the 'net but it needed quite a bit of cleaning up to make it workable. I love that I can do that with PSP. RicRac ribbon is from a local Dollar Store and the pearls are from my stash LOL.

Then this week I realized that Father's Day is just around the corner. My card needed to be mailed (or at least I thought so, but more on that later) so I spent the evening putting this together. Notice anything different about it?
no? well.... it doesn't have any pearls on it!!!! I popped it into the mail to get it on its way. Then I received an email from my sister.... "Have you mailed Dad's card yet? If not, I can take it with me when I head down tomorrow...." oops. It's already in the mail and... well, it'll get there probably next week :(

I still have 3 more cards to make this week - 2 more baby shower cards and a birthday card for my son. I'll have to get really creative with my time if I want to get them all made before Sunday!!

So, that's it for today. It was so nice of you to stop by :-)

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi Edith =) Lovely cards today!! I know the feeling of creating under pressure. I had boughten and printed a graduation digi for my daughter last week and only had about an hour to get it made and I gave up and went and bought one. Same for Father's Day. I'm so bad. Not very good with manly cards. And my nephew is graduating HS tonight, so I sent a boughten card with my mom for him as well--at least it had music in it, LOL! I need to find some serious mojo again, but I think it went on a long summer break.

Anyway, it's great to "meet" you through blogging. I went to your other blog first and it's wonderful to meet other Christian sisters who like to stamp. Anyway, loved your cards. =)

HappyCrafter said...

These cards are beautiful! I especially like the baby one--I have to make a baby shower card this weekend, and this immediately caught my eye. Hope you have a great weekend ahead!